About

I am a recent graduate of Champlain College with a B.Sc. in game design and development. During the last four years, my work has been focused on my education. Since then I've had time to decompress. I want to reflect on what I have learned. To do this, I plan to look at and examine video games from my past by exploring my memories of them, while also looking at the mechanics and little intricacies I now notice. Each week, I plan to examine a video game from my past. During this time I may feel the need to throw in a current title that has impressed me or to write about a title that I am looking forward to being released.


Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crazy Week / AA Canyon Launched

So, there was no post made for last week. I was busy finishing off the final fixes for an America's Army multiplayer map I've been working on with a small group. AA Canyon was launched last week on December 11th under the Champlain College Map Pack along with the latest client update 2.8.4. Champlain College and America's Army had an arrangement that would allow students to work on two multiplayer map with feedback and guidance from a select group of AA devs. For more information about Champlain College and the AA project check out the IGN press release.

I plan to make up for last week by posting twice this week. One post will be a postmortem on the AA project the other will be on a game from my past, The Sims Series.

IGN Press Release: http://pc.ign.com/articles/937/937655p1.html

No comments: